The Indian Hill School District is a community of learners, dedicated to the intellectual development, personal growth, and social responsibility of each student.
The Indian Hill Schools are committed to providing opportunities which develop the basic skills needed by each learner for effective thinking and communicating. Educational programs are designed to stimulate academic self-direction, intellectual curiosity, problem-solving strategies, and a willingness to assume leadership roles. Social Studies education is an integral part of the total educational experience.
The Indian Hill Social Studies Curriculum is designed to help students become responsible citizens of the world by providing a variety of courses and topics in western and non-western history including culture, civics, geography, economics and political science.
- Students will possess knowledge of geography, economics, Ohio history, American history and government, political science and world history.
- Students will obtain, organize, and synthesize information from multiple sources.
- Students will apply processes relating to cause/effect, drawing conclusions, justifying positions, comparing/contrasting and fact/opinion.
- Student will learn about significant people, places, events and issues in the past in order to understand the present.
- Students will be prepared for their role as citizens and decision makers in a diverse, democratic society. Students will understand:
- global awareness;
- multicultural sensitivity;
- integrating change;
- historical perspective; and
- individual responsibility and a positive work ethic
- Students will resolve conflict situations through compromise, participate in community service, and work effectively in groups.
- Students will act responsibly and become successful problem solvers in an interdependent
Social Studies Standards for High School - Grades 9-12